Friday, June 18, 2010

Welcome Ruki!



Ok folks, I don't know if you remember, but Alba is a pure-bred Papillon who looks like she's crossed with a cavalier king charles spaniel.  This guy, on the left is Ruki.  Ruki greeted me so happily at Alba's door when I went ot pick her up yesterday, and I thought, "my goodness Alba, you sure have changed!"

Ruki is a great guy!  He loves to chase and play on the beach.  His recall is pretty good, although he does get distracted, and he loves to hump other dogs, but hey, you can't win 'em all right?  Overall we loved having him around yesterday to fill out our pack, and he loved playing fetch in the waves and chasing the sea foam.

Figaro joined us yesterday too.  Figaro got to spend about half of his hike dragging his lead.  This is a step into hiking off leash.  Figaro was obsessed with tearing up and eating the seaweed on the beach, so I'm glad I had him on lead to distract him from the seaweed and bring him back into the games of fetch and chase.

I didn't get any good pics of Blue, but she was there too and absolutely loved games of fetch into the waves and was happily frolicking along with Alba and Poppy, who actually swam in the surf, much to my amazement.

All in all, it was a great day.  Ruki, we hope to see you again soon!

No comments: