Thursday, January 7, 2010

Wed Morning



Yesterday Morning Lulu, Everest, Turnpike and I hiked up at Sibley. I think I've decided that this is my favorite trail to hike. It's very quiet and downhill to our stopping place. On the way there are lots of fallen trees that Turnpike and Everest bound around. Turnpike plays hide and seek with Lulu and Everest.

Lulu had her whole walk trailing her lead. She did great! She's charge on ahead of the pack, but as soon as she couldn't see me she'd come prancing back to make sure I was still find-able. Lulu responds really well to petting and high-pitched "happy voice". She likes chicken jerky but only if she can have a minute's peace to eat it like a lady.

Everest is becoming quite the therapy dog. All the dogs he hikes with want to play with him. He's good natured and loves a romp. We're still working on greeting new dogs with happiness instead of fear though.


No comments: